As mentioned before, CBL was developed based on “Apple Classrooms of Tomorrow -Today” (ACOT2) .
ACOT2 has identified six design principles for the 21st century high school.
Starting with these design principles, Apple Inc. worked with exemplary educators to develop and test Challenge-Based Learning.
ACOT2 six design-principles for the 21st century are:
1. Understanding of 21st Century Skills and Outcomes
2. Relevant and Applied Curriculum
3. Informative Assessment
4. A Culture of Innovation and Creativity
5. Social and Emotional Connections with Students
6. Ubiquitous Access to Technology